- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - VIC Regional
- Safety / Health / Environment / Quality
- Applications close
- AUS Eastern Standard Time
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are looking for Quality Advisors to work in the Tunnel Segment, Precast, Prestress and Match Cast departments at the Precast Facility in Benalla. (Please indicate your preference in your application.) Must have previous experience in working with precast concrete products or Manufacturing industry.
NB: The Tunnel Factory with be rotational shift work. When in full production the roster will be 7 on 4 off then 7 on 3 off.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the largest Precast Manufacturing Facility in Australia and be part of the team supporting the West Gate Tunnel Project. During peak production, up to 1500 tonnes of concrete per day will be produced with a workforce of up to 300 people.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assisting the Quality Manager & Senior Quality Advisor with the creation QA related documentation including but not limited to ITP’s, quality control checklists, Work Instructions / Procedures, lot tracking registers, NCR Register, quality alerts, quality facts, right first-time measurements and reporting, uploading documents into project required Aconex system
- Be an advocate and key leader in quality by assisting in communicating & distributing quality processes
- Deliver works as per the operational requirement of the project scope (PSR) technical requirements, applicable Australian Standards and VicRoads Sections for the delegated precast working area
- Work with production team to standardise approach in order to deliver the same message consistently, identify risk areas and actively engage key stakeholders to work towards elimination of nonconforming processes or products
- Ensure equipment where required is kept calibrated at all times within your delegated working area
- Obtaining project approved materials, associated QA documents and QA lots closed out prior to delivery of product
- Prepare & consolidate quality data including but not limited to: generation of lot documents, establishment of daily lot system for production targets, report & follow up of NCR’s, material certificates, supplier & subcontractor inspections /surveillance visits
- Prepare, lead or participate in completion of internal and external audits, provide close out reports
- Document control requests for uploading into Aconex
- Raise hold point inspections and follow up their release as required
- Collating, compiling, reporting and reviewing quality data, statistics and records for the respective work activities
- Drive the close out of quality issues within your perspective area
- Conduct random verification checks of the adequate completion of checklists. (spot dimensional inspection & verification against records)
- Review and consolidation of inspection checklist carried out whether they be electronic or hard copy. Compilation of these records per unit for upload into Aconex
- Supply of information for weekly, monthly and quarterly management meetings
- Lead or participate in monthly quality improvement meetings
- Raising and closing of NCR’s where required
- Identifying and reporting quality system problems and solutions to the Quality Manager
- Any other duties within reason when requested
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualifications or experience in a Quality Role or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in Quality Management in the precast manufacturing industry preferred
- Experience in supplying precast products to high value projects (in excess of $20 million)
- Strong personal organisation skills
- Time management skills in order to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Flexible, able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Positively participates in all team interactions / activities in accordance with Project Values
- Delivers a strong positive message on site for Safety & Quality
- Right first time approach / mentality
- Excellent knowledge in & interpretation abilities for all Australian Standards and Vic Roads specifications / sections applicable to the scope of works
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
- Applications close
- AUS Eastern Standard Time