Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
The Lake Vermont Coal Project is situated in Dysart, North Queensland.
About the role
As our next Mining Coordinator reporting to the Mining Supervisor, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality production solutions and results within the mine site. The role also requires you to effectively manage the mining operational personnel and ensure the timely execution of the mine plan is completed in a safe and efficient manner.
This role is a permanent position that will see you working 12.5 hour day and night shifts on a 7/7 Roster (Wednesday – Tuesday); full camp facilities are available and bus transportation is provided from Mackay or Rockhampton to the Dysart Camp.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Directly supervise a mining crew to ensure that the delivery of production results are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Conduct mining practices to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Actively seek continuous improvement.
- Co-ordination of dispatch personnel and crew allocations.
- Carry out effective inspection and reporting processes.
- Provide appropriate training practices for mining crews.
Role Requirements as a Mining Coordinator at Lake Vermont:
- Previous open-cut coal mining experience in the same or similar role.
- Demonstrable operating proficiency with large mining equipment; 250t – 600t Excavators and ultra class haul trucks.
- A solid understanding of the processes involved with open cut coal mining.
- Good organisational, communication and presentation skills coupled with approachable and motivational qualities.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Qualifications that support your experience and success within the coal mining industry.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Current Coal Board Medical and Standard 11.
- Current S1, S2, S3 and G2 Competency Certificate.
Roster & Conditions
- 7/7 Rotating day and night shift roster - Wednesday to Tuesday
- Full camp facilities available - 15 minute drive from mine
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.