Plant and Equipment Engineer
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - VIC Regional
- Engineering - Mechanical, Production / Operations, Engineering - Other
- Applications close
- AUS Eastern Standard Time
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are looking for a Plant and Equipment Engineer with experience in a wide level of planning, development and review of complex projects to join our Precast Manufacturing team in Benalla. The Plant and Equipment Engineer will be accountable for providing onsite engineering services and technical support to the maintenance department, assisting the site maintenance manager manage site fixed and mobile assets as per OEM and CPBJH JV procedures as well as building and implementing short and long-term maintenance planning principles and procedures.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the largest Precast Manufacturing Facility in Australia and be part of the team supporting the West Gate Tunnel Project. During peak production, up to 1500 tonnes of concrete per day will be produced with a workforce of up to 300 people.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establish maintenance strategies for all fixed and mobile assets. Continue to monitor maintenance performance and plant availability
- Perform all duties in accordance with CPB/John Holland policies, processes, systems, reporting and procedures
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the list of Plant and Equipment I.e. Moulds, Batching Plant, Cranes, Carousel/Moulds – Tunnel Segment etc.
- Maintain drawing register, asset manuals and site asset register
- Implement and communicate risk controls and actions involved in Operation and Maintenance of Plant and Equipment
- Analyse labour quantities for maintenance department. Complete analysis and cost benefit for internal vs external labour
- Develop and manage reporting function for site plant and assets. This to include, but not limited to availability, down time events, outstanding defects and planning accuracy
- Develop engineering solutions for repetitive failures. Categorise all other events that adversely affect plant operations and provide solutions to the maintenance team to rectify
- Implement and manage reporting process for asset reliability. Report through to maintenance manager areas of concern with options to rectify
- Complete failure analysis for key plant and equipment as directed by maintenance manager
- Assist maintenance manager with the development of maintenance budget and forecast
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Maintenance Engineering, Plant and Equipment Management or equivalent
- Chartered Engineering Status
- Minimum 3-5 years’ engineering experience
- Wide level of planning, development and review of complex projects
- Implementation of maintenance planning processes
- Reliability engineering
- Quantitative and qualitative risk assessment and monitoring of risk controls and actions involved in delivery and implementation of projects
- Advanced skills in relevant computer software packages; Microsoft Suite; Primavera 6 etc.
- Skilled in use of computer maintenance management software – JD Edwards
- Written, verbal and presentation skills e.g. facilitating meetings, pre- starts and tool box meetings and basic cost control skills
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
- Applications close
- AUS Eastern Standard Time