Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
Thiess currently has an exciting opportunity for a Spatial Systems Manager to join our Technical Resources team based in our head office at South Bank, Brisbane.
This role will primarily manage Thiess’ Spatial Services function to enable the global deployment, governance and implementation of value adding, future-proofed spatial systems, technologies, and methodologies.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Identifying opportunities for the implementation of new solutions in data capture, with emphasis on integration of spatial information
- Maintaining and enhancing GIS capability across all functional areas
- Identifying opportunities for use of new technology within GIS and Survey functions
- Ensuring standardisation of hardware and software use for Survey and GIS globally
- Collaborating with other teams to add value through the capture, provision and analysis of spatial data
- Leading the team to ensure requirements for tenders are met on time to specified quality standards. This includes costs, basis for pricing, contract departures, presentations and management plans.
- Managing, influencing and empowering direct reports to support sites in their functional area
- Leading the team to provide required support to projects
- Continuing to develop and strengthen the technical capability of GIS and Survey functions
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A degree in Surveying, Spatial Science or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience in open cut mining or 10+ years GIS/survey experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing technical teams
- Effective high-level influencing skills
- Sound understanding of mine site operational issues
- Ability to manage and lead a diverse team with specialist skillsets
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally on a regular basis
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on Thursday, 27 June 2019.