Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
The Curragh Coal Mine is situated in Blackwater, Queensland.
About the role
As our next Field Maintenance Supervisor reporting to the Field Maintenance Superintendent you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
The Field Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient running of day-to-day maintenance operations. The Field Maintenance Supervisor must ensure:
- Quality of maintenance work, to provide reliable plant and equipment for project operations
- Provide leadership, mentorship and direction to Field Maintenance personnel
- Ensure alignment of maintenance objectives with production objectives
- Ensure compliance to the Thiess Safety Essentials
- Ensure compliance to site health, safety and environmental policy
- Maintain and improve Suequipment availability and MTBF
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of the maintenance infrastructure
- Contribute to ensuring compliance of all tooling and support equipment to the Thiess policy and standards
- Execute the maintenance plan
- Collaborate with the planning function to optimise the plan to ensure successful execution
- Ensure adequate resources are in place to execute work
- Drive a collaborative and continuous improvement culture
To be successful in this role you will possess strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish effective working relationships with key internal and external clients. You will demonstrate the ability to deliver on time maintenance of all mobile plant in a challenging, fast paced and professional environment.
- Trade Certificate/Engineering degree or equivalent qualifications
- Experience in a mobile mining plant maintenance environment in particular CAT, Komatsu and Liebherr OHT, Ancillaries, Drills Excavator experience
- Experience supervising large multifunctional site-based maintenance teams
- Knowledge of job specific computer programs essential, JDE, Microsoft office
Roster & Conditions
- 7 days on 7 days off roster – Day & Night Shift
- Full Camp Facilities available.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.