Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
The Human Resources Officer reports directly to the HR Manager - Queensland and, together with the Senior Human Resources Advisor, the primary focus of your role will be to provide support to the HR team and our operational sites. You will also be required to:
- Support in the implementation and maintenance of effective HR strategies and initiatives
- Support the wider Queensland HR team in the delivery of all aspects of generalist HR and IR activities
- Provide administrative support to the HR team, including systems and reporting
We are looking for someone who has experience in supporting all aspects of the HR lifecycle, exposure to employment relations and wants a fulfilling career in as an HR Generalist. This opportunity may suit you, if you recently graduated university in the last 12 months.
To be considered for this role you are required to have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or currently studying towards this is essential.
- Human resources experience in fast paced environment is highly desirable.
- Strong computer skills including an advanced understanding of the Microsoft Office package
- A high level of oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem-solving ability
- The ability to plan, organise and resource effectively to coordinate multiple priorities
- High level of time management and attention to detail
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always. Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included. Visit Diversity and Inclusion at Thiess for more information.
At Thiess, you can expect to grow a career in an environment that fosters opportunities, encourages innovation and recognises and rewards excellence.
Our employee benefits program will offer you the choice and flexibility to enhance your wellbeing and lifestyle, including discounted health insurance and novated leasing amongst others.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.