CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
What can our construction projects build for you?
The purpose of the TasWater Capital Delivery Office (CDO) is to build the capability and capacity of TasWater to fulfil its customer promises for improved service levels by efficiently and effectively delivering an accelerated capital program of works.
The TasWater CDO will deliver:
- Opportunities for people to grow and develop
- Economic benefits and growth opportunities for local industry
- Improved safety outcomes
- Capacity and capability to transition the program back to TasWater post-TasWater CDO
- The necessary framework for emergent projects
The TasWater CDO has an opportunity for a Project Manager which will be responsible for planning, executing and finalising project(s) for delivery to our client, TasWater. A key responsibility is in managing project teams to accurately and timely deliver projects according to schedule, budget and scope. The role will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
This position has a focus on acquiring resources and coordinating efforts of team members, ensuring that customer, community and stakeholder needs are delivered in a safe, timely and efficient manner whilst ensuring a safe and effective operation of the project through sound communication, promotion of Safety and Quality Assurance, technical assistance and sound business practices such as commercial, compliance, procurement, human resources and financials.
The Project Manager will develop and maintain professional relationships with all Key Stakeholders within the Alliance, partner organisations and external providers.
The Project Manager will be accountable for:
- Managing the effective set-up, delivery, and completion of the project(s)
- Managing and monitoring the completion of the project to ensure programme, budget, quality, environmental and contractual obligations are achieved and taking prompt corrective action where required
- Effectively manage the handover process to the client
- Reviewing and authorising design and construction plans, schedules, temporary works designs, method statements and job safety analysis
- Monitoring project progress against the programme and budget
- Preparing accurate project reports
- Effectively assigning tasks to project team members to deliver the required outputs to agreed specifications
- Ensuring the project is adequately resourced to deliver project requirements in the with the programme and contractual agreements
Our minimum requirements for this role is:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Construction Management
- Demonstrated experience in multi-discipline complex infrastructure projects including engineering design, build & commission operating environment with scope > $10 Million
- Demonstrated experience as a Project Manager within the civil infrastructure sector with a Tier 1 contractor
- Experience on dam projects are highly regarded
- Management skills to drive a team of people to deliver a quality project on time, for the best cost and with no safety incidents
This role is based in Hobart, Tasmania. For those outside of Tasmania, relocation is required. An attractive relocation package will be made available to the successful applicants.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.