CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
The Metro Sports Facility will be the largest aquatic and indoor recreation and leisure venue of its kind in New Zealand, and accessible to people of all ages, abilities and skill levels. At over 30,000m2, the Metro Sports Facility will feature a 50 metre, 10-lane competition swimming pool and a separate diving pool, large aquatic leisure area, five hydroslides, fitness spaces and nine indoor courts for sports such as netball, volleyball and basketball. The facility will cater for the needs of the recreational, educational and high-performance sporting communities.
As a Safety Advisor, you will be responsible for assisting a team achieving optimum safety outcomes and assist the team to achieve production and cost outcomes in a safe environment. This opportunity will allow you to demonstrate your previous success, learnings and knowledge, gained from a successful health and safety career, whilst mentoring staff and sub-contractors to achieve best possible outcomes for all.
Minimum requirements for this role include:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working on construction projects in a safety related position.
- High level of skill in conducting and interpreting audits and reviews
- High level experience in quantitative and qualitative risk assessment and development and monitoring of risk controls and actions involved in delivery and implementation of projects
- Capability and experience in delivering training in high risk activities such as working at heights, confined space and rescue training
- High level of skill and experience in developing, analysing and reporting on complex project performance
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
- The ability to engage with subcontractors, and to communicate with people at all levels to ensure safety and compliance in relation to CPB Contractors requirements.
As the successful candidate you will need to be a self-starter who is highly motivated, well organised and committed to the highest possible work standards. You will also have the ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, clients and subcontractors.
All potential CPB contractors employees will be require the right to work in New Zealand and complete a range of pre-employment checks, including Ministry of justice checks, Reference checking and qualification checks.
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please apply below.