Superintendent - Precast
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne, Aus - VIC Regional
- Supervisory / Management, General Construction
An experienced construction Superintendent is required to join the biggest precast facility in the Southern hemisphere to drive production and deliver exceptional results.
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunneling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne;
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
Your new position:
Plan and deliver all relevant scopes of work across the PRecast facility to ensure effective delivery of planned schedules within the planned time and budget. Provide effective leadership and sustainable working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders to contribute to site safety, quality and environment controls and risk management.
Further to the above your responsibilities will also include:
- Oversee the on-site delivery of defined scopes of work on schedule with all stakeholder expectations met.
- Provide and take leadership responsibility in health, safety and environment management.
- Build strong internal and external stakeholder management through positive, proactive and professional communication to keep key personnel informed.
- Ensure compliance in commercial and financial management including meeting budgets and identifying cost saving measures.
- Review progress against plans, contractual arrangements and delivery milestones to ensure they are on schedule and within quality and cost estimates and take remedial action as required.
To be successful you will ideally have the following experience and capabilities:
- Trade Qualification or similar.
- Qualifications and training, e.g. Diploma, Building/Construction, Project Management
- Minimum 5-10 years previous construction experience in a similar role
- Experience in industry relevant trade and construction operations of similar scale
- People and performance management of subcontractors, suppliers and direct labour
- Skill in review of design documentation, ability to understand drawings, provide constructability review and implement final design plans.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.