Senior Traffic Engineer
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne
- Engineering - Other, General Construction
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunneling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne;
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
As the Senior Traffic Engineer you will coordinate on-site traffic engineering functions for the East Zone to achieve time and budget objectives and provide efficient support for construction activities.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage on-site traffic functions through self and a graduate engineer
- Designing, verifying and implementing both minor and major traffic switches
- Supervising road switches (occasional night shifts may be required)
- Preparing correspondence and permit requests for various authorities
- Liaison with the Project Community Relations, Environmental and Management teams
- Liaison with Client, Vic Roads and Traffic Control sub-contractors
- Obtain relevant design parameter information for incorporation into detailed designs and construction specifications
- Provide technical and administrative guidance to the engineering staff to ensure aims and objectives are effectively and economically achieved
- Ensure that project engineering completion is on time and within budget. Record completed work, costs incurred, and retain progress drawings
What you'll need to succeed
Relevant degree in Civil Engineering or Urban Planning, with at least 3 years’ experience in road projects
Master’s degree in Traffic Engineering/ Transport Planning preferred
Experience on > $50 M Projects
Project Engineer and operational experience
Advanced commercial acumen including cost reduction and meeting
Quantitative and qualitative safety, environment and quality risk management
Excellent client relationship and stakeholder management
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.