- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne
- Planning / Scheduling / Project Controls
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunneling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne;
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
This is a new opportunity for an experienced Planning Manager to join one of Melbourne's most iconic infrastructure projects! This position will see you:
- Proactively lead a planning and controls culture across the project based on best practice and with a focus on risk management, cost control and SQE
- Identify the need for training in the use of planning and programming systems, project monitoring & controls and the interpretation of data and information generated.
- Compile and collate reference and benchmarking data for future planning purposes in accordance with the project schedule
To be successful you will ideally have the following experience and capabilities:
- Tertiary degree, preferably in one of the following disciplines - Engineering, Construction, Building, Sciences, Architecture or Project Management, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years' experience delivering major infrastructure projects across Australia (or UK)
- Ability to communicate well and influence stakeholders
- Previous experience managing teams would be preferred but not essential
- Prior use with planning software such as Primavera p6
- Proven experience managing a resource loaded program
- Demonstrated experience providing revenue and cost time phasing information
- Involvement managing and communicating complex interfaces.
- Good contractual understanding, including experience substantiating entitlement for claims such as disruption and extensions of time.
- Ability to interrogate the delivery program and provide the management team with key information such as critical paths and program opportunities and risks.
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.