Project Engineer - Fire
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne
- Engineering - Other
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne;
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced Project Engineer - Fire to join us. As a Project Engineer on this high-profile infrastructure project, you will be accountable for:
- Managing the planning and delivery of allocated work packages
- Driving work progress and completion under set project targets
- Working closely with other functions (planning, procurement etc.)
- Producing accurate and timely project reports
- Driving a safety culture through effective supervision and implementation of standards, training, and procedures
To be successful you will ideally have the following experience and capabilities:
- Degree in Fire Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- 5+ years experience in the delivery of mechanical and electrical fire systems in industrial or transport infrastructure settings
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience in successfully delivering large work packages
- Ideally, previous experience working for a Tier 1 or 2 Contractor
- Experience in delivering Australian civil projects
- Ability to effectively manage budgets, systems and stakeholders to achieve an exceptional outcome
- Excellent attitude and awareness of Safety
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.