Return to Work & Wellbeing Advisor
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Sydney
- Safety / Health / Environment / Quality, CPB Contractors
Return to Work & Wellbeing Advisor
CPB Contractors in joint venture with Ghella have been selected by the NSW Government to deliver the Western Sydney Airport Station Boxes and Tunnelling Works (WSA-SBT). The Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport brings together world’s best practice to offer passengers and airlines an experience unrivalled among Australian airports.
The WSA-SBT project will involve the design and construction of a new metro tunnel around 9.8 kilometres in length between St Marys in the north and the Aerotropolis Core precinct in the south.
The Injury Management and Wellbeing Coordinator is responsible for providing early intervention and injury management support, rehabilitation and return to work services on the SBT project. The role will have a focus on both physical and mental health and wellbeing. They will work with injured employees, their managers and other key stakeholders to ensure a supported and timely return to work program. They are responsible for maximising rehabilitation outcomes for workers and minimising the impact on insurance premiums while maintaining a positive safety culture. The role will also have an equal focus on coordinating the projects Wellbeing programme and initiatives which includes physical/mental health checks and initiatives around fatigue, nutrition, sleep etc.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a nursing or paramedic background, with a keen interest or background in health and physical fitness. This is a site based role based full time in Western Sydney.
The key result areas of the role include:
- Coordinating the treatment for injured workers, reporting and claims management of employee’s injury/claim.
- Development of injury prevention and other educational strategies
- Develop, promote and drive the project Health and Wellbeing strategy including associated initiatives
- Maintain contact and liaise with relevant medical and insurance organisations, injured employees and any other involved parties.
- Provision of safe suitable duties for the injured employee and assist the injured employee in return to work programmes and rehabilitation.
- Liaise with relevant worksite managers to facilitate injured employee rehabilitation and return to work programmes.
- Provide advice and support to management, regarding new and emerging claims and direction on complex matters.
- Develop and coordinate the Health and Wellbeing strategy and associated initiatives
- Complete heath checks for project personnel and provide direction on where to receive further help if needed
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to lead, persuade, negotiate, consult with, and provide advice on workers compensation claims management and rehabilitation issues
- Ability to effectively lead the coordination of workers compensation claims management processes and early intervention strategies
- Ability to interpret and apply to workers compensation legislative standards and guidelines as they apply to organisational claims management and rehabilitation initiatives
- Ability to work within a team and autonomously where needed to achieve required outcomes within specified deadlines/time frames
- Passionate about physical and mental health and willingness to drive Wellbeing programme and initiatives on site
Capable of communicating clearly and concisely both verbally and through written reports.
What we offer
- The opportunity to deliver a key piece of Sydney’s infrastructure with a Tier 1 construction company
- Longevity of employment - we have an impressive pipeline of future opportunities to help you shape your career
- A culture that values diversity, innovation, respect and teamwork
How to apply
We are seeking applications from candidates who have proven experience working on major urban infrastructure projects, including road and tunnel construction.
Where applicable, evidence of tertiary qualifications, construction industry induction (white card), drivers’ licence and proof of right to work will be required prior to successful appointment.
CPB Contractors and Ghella are equal opportunity employers, committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities at our offices and projects. We support women in construction and Indigenous advancement and participation, and encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.