- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne
- Administration / Support / Secretarial, CPB Contractors
CPB Contractors, as part of the Rail Network Alliance (RNA), has been named as the Victorian Government’s preferred proponent to deliver a $1 billion package of works in support of the $11 billion Metro Tunnel Project.
CPB Contractors and John Holland are equal construction partners in the RNA, with AECOM as the design partner. The RNA also comprises project owner Rail Projects Victoria (formerly the Melbourne Metro Rail Authority) and operational franchisee Metro Trains Melbourne.
About the Project at the Rail Network Alliance
This is the second package of Metro Tunnel works to be delivered by CPB Contractors, following the award of a $1 billion design and construct contract as part of the Rail Systems Alliance (RSA) in December 2017.
Construction has commenced and will be completed by 2025.
This fourth major works package for the Metro Tunnel Project covers the existing Sunbury rail line between the western tunnel entrance in South Kensington and Tottenham, and the Dandenong rail line between the eastern tunnel entrance in South Yarra and Caulfield Station.
Major works for the Alliance includes the design and construction of entrance structures that will interface with Metro Tunnel works at South Yarra and South Kensington and also major Rail Upgrade works in the Western Rail Corridor.
About the role
We are currently seeking applications for a Document Controller, to join us on the Metro Tunnel Project as part of the Rail Network Alliance. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a high-profile Rail Infrastructure Project as part of one of Australia’s most highly regarded construction companies. With an enviable range of projects underway and in the pipeline, CPB can offer impressive opportunities for career progression.
As Document Controller, you will be accountable for:
Managing various aspects of document control, including the receipt, storage, retrieval and circulation of documents, review coordination, external submission, and distribution control. The Documents may include design documentation, confidentiality agreements, various instructions, and reports on safety, quality, and the environment.
- Establish and implement an efficient project related document control register, database and hard copy filing system
- Implement Project Document Management Systems and processes
- Ensure document submissions are in accordance and compliant with the project document formats and requirements
- Establish and maintain a correspondence system
- Implement workflows and collate, issue, and receive documents in accordance with project requirements for the development, review and approval of design documentation and all other procedures, instructions, product certification and records that are subject to review and approval
- Plan and record document flow to and from all necessary parties, including clients, subcontractors, and the project office
- Record issues and track location of control documents and drawings
- Issue letters and receipts concerning the documents in circulation
- Ensure current versions are maintained of all documents subject to revision and ensure current versions of documents are issued to required project parties
- Coordinate storage and archiving of project and organisational records
- Ensure the documents are managed in strict confidentiality
- Perform all duties in accordance with project policies, processes, systems, and procedures
Our minimum requirements for the role are:
- Higher School Certificate (HSC) or equivalent experience in Business or Administration
- 3 + years’ experience in document control
- Knowledge and experience of project management systems and processes
- Experience in project environment or equivalent industry
- Sound computer skills along with Aconex experience
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
If you are interested in these roles and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note this role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.