Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 933735
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
- Collaborate and partner with business stakeholders to manage risk and support implementation of the Myer Safety Management System
- Develop communication plans and track completion of scheduled site safety activities, including audits and self-evaluations
- Analyse safety data, including risk assessments, and implement targeted risk-based safety programs
- Generous benefits and a great location in our Docklands based Support Office.
About the role
- Co-ordinate and manage the safety communication program, including the development of communication schedule, plans and content to support ongoing implementation of the safety management system, Risk & Safety strategy and safety initiatives.
- Provide support to the National Safety Manager for key activities associated with implementation of the Safety Management System including the Safety Audit program, Self Evaluations and development of the annual Site Safety Activity Planner.
- Collaborate and consult with the National Safety Manager, Regional Risk & Safety teams and the business (where relevant) to ensure the safety management system is implemented effectively and self-insurance obligations are met.
- Participate in safety projects to support the Risk & Safety Strategy and drive the continuous improvement of embedding safety processes into the business.
- Relevant Degree/diploma qualifications in a Safety-related field eg. OHS, Risk, Human Resources are essential
- Solid relevant work experience, preferably working in a National corporate and/or retail environment
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and application of relevant safety legislation, preferably at a multi-jurisdictional level
- Ability to review and maintain a safety management system with consideration of self-insurance license requirements and needs of the business
- Demonstrated experience to build effective collaborative relationships and partner with key internal and external stakeholders to deliver joint outcomes
- Ability to develop safety communication plans and deliver key messages clearly and credibly with different audiences
- Strong stakeholder management skills with a demonstrated ability using a range of influencing techniques to gain trust and support
- Willingness to learn from others with a flexible mindset of continuous improvement
- Ability to work autonomously and complete work in a timely manner to a high standard
- Embraces change with an open mind, and maintains a positive attitude during times of change
Benefits to you:
- Generous Team Member discounts on all Myer products
- A supportive leadership team
- A great sense of job satisfaction for your dedication and work ethic
Residency Note: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must be an Australian or NZ citizen or have an appropriate visa to live and work in Australia. Further information can be obtained from the Australian Department of Immigration.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time