Head of eCommerce & Digital Content
Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 937459
Work type: Limited Tenure
Location: Support Office - Docklands
- Join one of Australia’s largest and fastest growing online retailers
- Rare opportunity to make an impact in a business-critical role
- Senior role in the leadership group growing myer.com.au to a $1B online business
- Flexible working arrangements; Hybrid WFH/office role
- Open to candidates outside of Victoria
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
The Head of eCommerce & Digital Content is a key leadership role responsible for overseeing the trade and digital content performance of Myer’s online channels (including owned as well as third party). Create, drive and execute our eCommerce and Content strategy and roadmap that aligns to the Omni Experience and CCO strategies. This includes providing thought leadership to our internal teams and agency partners drive successful execution. This role is responsible for both category and total channel performance, as well as profitability and digital capability.
About the role:
- Full trade responsibility to drive forecasted revenue and profit, overseeing the successful development and delivery of the day to day activities and Myer trade calendar for online, liaising with Marketing, Merchandise, Media and Operational teams to maximise campaign creative and execution to ensure a flawless customer experience and sales targets are realised;
- Finger on the pulse with overall site performance and competitor analysis, and can use insights and data to influence the strategic decisions to drive trade;
- Oversee category strategy development to ensure the business is presented key opportunities and are maximising all opportunities available;
- Develop and refine eCommerce and Content strategy, processes, reporting and roadmaps, driving continuous improvement. Building and collaborating on business cases to secure additional funding and resources as required;
- Collaborating with the Digital Experience team on the product roadmap to drive conversion and sale growth through prioritised enhancements, and the successful operational roll out across the team;
- Effective leadership and mentorship of the eCommerce Trade & Content team to deliver on business objectives; ensuring building a culture of continuous learning and development;
- Driving and strengthening key relationships both internally and externally (suppliers and brands) to maximise trade opportunities;
- Be at the forefront of customer trends and innovation, and constantly reviewing the ways of working which feeds into strategic plans or incremental improvements to drive trade of the overall business.
- Seasoned experience in eCommerce management and trading in the retail sector, with P&L responsibility is essential
- Ability to operate within a fast-paced and complex retail environment
- Experience working with Marketplaces highly regarded
- Experience using Google Analytics and Microstrategy preferred, however not essential if you have used similar systems
- Prior experience in managing a team and driving a culture of high performance is essential
- Sound business acumen with strong analytical and planning capabilities
- A strategic thinker that is able to quickly adapt and capitalise on new opportunities whilst positively challenging the status quo
- A natural collaborator with the ability to influence stakeholders to drive category growth and communicate a clear strategic vision
- Develops team objectives, roles and responsibilities in line with overall business objectives, and with clear timelines, relevant metrics and measures of success
Benefits to you:
- Generous Team Member discounts on all Myer products
- Flexible work arrangements, with hybrid role between office and WFH
- A supportive leadership team
- Great sense of job satisfaction for your dedication and work ethic
- Opportunities for career development
- Be part of growing Myer’s online business to over $1B!
To register your interest, APPLY NOW
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time