Senior Performance Engineer
Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 937687
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day. A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
The Senior Performance Engineer plays an active role within the shared services team by planning and executing performance and non-functional tests to make sure the critical systems remains operational and perform within the defined performance budgets.
This role acts as the gatekeeper for the system performance and health and contributes to the continuous testing and continuous improvement to make sure we are delivering quality products to the market with best customer experience.
About the role:
- Gather non-functional requirements, design performance test strategy/plan, workload model, and business scenarios
- Develop, document and review performance tests for new features/production deployments
- Build, maintain & execute performance test scripts, frameworks, and run-time environment
- Work on various non-functional and performance testings like – Load, Stress, Volume, Spike, Scalability and Batch job testing
- Report results against agreed performance metrics and provide sign-off for performance testing
- Analyse the production usage and logs and creating the workload model for the peak trade season performance testing
- Assist with capacity planning and suggesting the infrastructure size and capacity
- Design, develop and maintain front-end performance testing and synthetic monitoring framework
- Report results against agreed performance metrics, analyse the root-cause of the issues and work with the developers to fix the issues
- Actively work on continuous improvement and on implementing the solutions to support faster and continuous delivery
- Exposure to Monitoring Tools – i.e. AppDynamics, New Relic, Splunk, AWS Cloud-watch, Grafana
- Understanding of cloud/SaaS based load testing platforms (i.e. Octoperf or Blazemeter)
- Experience in automated performance testing using CI/CD methodologies and front-end/client-side performance testing
- Strong knowledge and ability to provide technical consulting (i.e. analysing, evaluating, diagnosing) to enable agility and delivery of high-quality code
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with key stakeholders in an Agile environment
Benefits of joining the Myer team:
- Generous Team member discount across all Myer products, along with discounted Health Insurance and Gym Memberships
- Flexible hybrid working, convenient Docklands office and access to different types of Leave (i.e Lifestyle Leave, Volunteer Leave) to support your work-life balance
- Succession opportunities across the business and a supportive team and leadership network who is committed to your career growth
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time