Job no: 938753
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Chadstone, Doncaster, Eastland, Fountain Gate, Frankston, Geelong, Highpoint, Melbourne City, Northland, Southland, Werribee
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
Be part of a team who loves coming to work each day. A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work.
- Retail leadership opportunities, various locations across Melbourne metro
- Drive meaningful, industry-leading work across a complex remit
- Bring your retail acumen to one of Australian’s most trusted brands, an employer with a long-standing history of supporting local communities and charities
Retail Management opportunities across Customer Service and Store Management. Be responsible for championing the Myer Customer First Plan, managing day-to-day operations, people leadership and coaching to drive sales and deliver exceptional service.
Recently, Myer has enabled the growth of its people, seeing many leaders step into their next career move interstate and corporate functions, leading to a number of senior retail opportunities.
About the Opportunity:
- Engage your retail skills in a complex environment to drive our successful Customer First strategy across a large-format department store, offering a wide range of product categories across a mix of business models (concession, company-owned and brand partners)
- Leveraging a well- established, trusted brand with a market-leading loyalty program, engage the consumer to optimise the productivity of space and other commercial retail financials
- In collaboration with the wider store leadership team, (8-19 team members), inspire a culture aligned with the Myer values
- Oversee the business operations, brand-partner relationships, delivery of exceptional customer service to achieve successful financial results
- Optimise productivity by leveraging workforce management and drive high performance, customer focused service and selling culture through role modelling, regular communication, feedback and recognition
- You consider yourself a career retailer – a merchant – driven by a passion for retail business
- You inspire the large team you lead, advocating for professional growth and developing capability
- Optimising an Omni-business including retail service standards & efficient online fulfilment
- Potentially a Retail Manager, Area Manager background in the specialty retail space looking to extend your general merchant skills
- People leadership skills with a 'hands-on' approach are essential
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to achieve sales and meet KPI's
- Career development and succession planning opportunities
- Generous exclusive Myer team member discount on Myer’s wide range of products
- Flexible retail rosters
- Access to volunteer, Company paid parental and lifestyle leave opportunities
- Celebrate success through the Myer Inspirational People Awards and Service Recognition programs
- Comprehensive wellness resources including mental health, movement & fitness, health & nutrition, sleep, access to an EAP
To be considered for this position you will need to be available to work across our key store trading hours. Flexible/rotating retail rosters include extended and peak trading hours.
More than just a shopping destination do not miss this opportunity to explore the great career paths at Myer.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time