Location: Brisbane and Rockhampton
Remuneration: Attractive salary package
- Graduate Program commencing February 2020
- Mechanical Engineering, Accounting and Business Analyst positions available
- Full time, permanent position
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
As an Aurizon Graduate, you will be part of a diverse, collaborative and creative workforce. You may have rotation opportunities and on the job experience working on a variety of projects giving you the chance to learn, grow and further your career. We offer:
- A dedicated mentor & supportive environment
- Structured, individualised development program focused on both personal and professional skill
- Graduate challenge, working in multi-disciplined teams presenting innovative solutions for Aurizon’s future
Areas of specialisation:
Mechanical Engineering (Brisbane):
The Mechanical Engineering team are responsible for: design, modification, testing, maintenance, safety and reliability of our rollingstock fleet and specialist plant equipment. You will gain experience in project management, monitoring fleet performance, fault identification, and reliability improvement. The work includes:
- New vehicle design and vehicle modification
- Rollingstock testing and commissioning
- Project management
- Asset maintenance including fault investigation
- Finite element and fatigue analysis
Commercial (Brisbane & Rockhampton):
Accounting (Brisbane & Rockhampton)
Our financial corporate advisory areas provide specialised services relating to tax, treasury, investor relations, capital excellence, market intelligence and mergers and acquisitions.
Business Analyst (Brisbane)
Our planning and reporting services area is focused on managing an integrated business framework to maximise shareholder returns, plan for resource allocation and performance analysis. You will gain experience in:
- Conducting market research
- Managing pricing strategies
- Providing pricing and commercial analysis
- Negotiating high-value complex rail haulage contracts
- Managing the portfolio profitability
About Aurizon Graduates:
- We are seeking Graduates who can build great leadership skills as well as develop their technical capability
- You’ll have ambition and demonstrate both exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Most importantly have the passion and drive to succeed
- You must have successfully completed an undergraduate degree or higher qualification that is bachelor level or above, and completed your relevant qualification by December 2019
- We are seeking graduates who want to grow their career in Aurizon and are flexible to work in the regional communities where Aurizon operate
- You must be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand citizen who has entered Australia on a valid passport and has unrestricted rights to employment
Our Recruitment Process:
Please submit your application on our Aurizon website – www.aurizon.com.au/careers/graduates by Friday 8th March 2019.
- First stage of on-line testing – This will be sent out on a weekly basis following the candidates application
- Second stage of on-line testing – This will be sent out on a weekly basis following a successful result from the first stage testing
- Webex Interview – Short Webex interviews will be held from Tuesday 26th to Friday 29th March 2019
- Assessment Centre - Will be held at the location of the available position (Brisbane or Rockhampton), on 12th,15th, 16th and 17th April 2019
- Pre-employment Checks & Medicals (Engineering Grads) – Commencing 29th April 2019
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information, please contact Jane Horley at email@example.com or on 07 3019 1083