Environment Advisor (Sustainability Analyst)
Location: Brisbane, Newcastle
Remuneration: $95k - $105k Inclusive of superannuation
About the role: This position will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to play a critical role in Aurizon’s Environmental Sustainability journey. As a vital part of Aurizon’s Environment Team, you will coordinate key carbon and environmental metrics whilst assisting in the provision of analysis, support and advice to a broad range of stakeholders regarding climate change policy and adaptation and environmental sustainability initiatives.
- You will collate and interpret of greenhouse gas/pollution inventories in addition to waste,
energy, and resource consumption data.
- Contribute to enterprise-wide initiatives and plans in relation to driving environmental
sustainability objectives (climate change, energy, waste and resource consumption).
- Facilitate Aurizon's timely and accurate response to external party audits (e.g. Regulator
and/or Independent Third Party).
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships and manage expectations of key
customers, regulators and stakeholders.
About you: A natural self-starter that thrives on working in a dynamic environment and value stakeholder engagement as this will be key to your success whilst working both on and with the business. Above all you will apply your research, analytical and problem-solving skills to provide innovative solutions.
In respects to the technicalities, you’ll need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and / or experience
- Demonstrated experience (3+ years) with carbon accounting and compliance frameworks (including the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Scheme, Safeguard Mechanism and GHG Protocol)
- High proficiency levels in Excel
- A broad-based understanding of climate-metrics and ESG reporting frameworks
- Great communication and interpersonal skills!
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers