Location: Blackwater, QLD
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive remuneration package
- Rental assistance available!
- Home every night
- Reasonable OT
About the role: Lead a group of safety focused track workers in performing preventative and routine maintenance and repairs on our CQCN network as our newest RIW4/ Leading Hand. Working a 9 day fortnight you will-
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and assist with the development of new work practices
- Responsible for taking team out to the worksite and ensuring completion of scheduled tasks safely and in line with deadlines
- Reporting on work performed to supervisors and communicating any delays/issues as they occur
- Travel across network as required to support other teams during system closures (Blackwater & Goonyella)
- FIFO/DIDO not offered, candidates must live in Blackwater or surrounding local area
About you: You are an experienced rail worker, keen to stay on the tools, whilst developing your leadership experience. You will hold a Cert III in Rail Infrastructure (mandatory), a QLD open manual drivers’ licence and ideally a HR/ HC Truck Licence.
Just as important, we are looking for someone who is keen to make Blackwater home. Nestled in the Central Highlands, Blackwater has plenty to offer including great sporting, close national parks and a thriving Coal Centre. Find out more here! In order to keep you local, we are offering rental assistance to those that reside in Blackwater.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers