Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive remuneration offered
- Permanent role
- Corporate tech
- Flexible work options
About the role: An exciting opportunity has become available within our Technology team as Aurizon embarks on an applications modernisation journey. As we are driving forward to enable our apps modernisation journey, we are looking to engage a Fullstack Developer who has passion for software development and desires a role that allows them to make a real difference.
We are not just ‘modernising’, we are reimagining our core business applications from the ground up. The Core Development Services team are looking for an additional team member who is passionate about making a difference and joining us on this journey into the future. You will be central to building and supporting applications on our new Kubernetes platform hosted in Azure.
These are the modern web applications we use to run trains and mobile solutions that we put in the hands of front-line staff on iPads.
As this is a small team, you will be empowered to make decisions, push your innovation and supported to push boundaries in your development journey.
About you: Due to the nature of the role, we are seeking experienced candidates with the ability to design and implement solutions that are maintainable and durable into the future. You will need to possess a strong Objection-Orientated foundation, have knowledge and practical experience with a variety of cloud native development skills and capability for strong problem-solving skills and behaviours. You’ll be a natural collaborator with a passion for partnering with product owners with developers on and offshore.
- Minimum 5 years fullstack experience
- Strong working knowledge of SPA frameworks, bonus points for vuejs and reactjs
- Commercial experience with NodeJS and/or C#/Java backend development, interest in other languages is a bonus
- Commercial experience building APIs in NodeJS and/or C#/Java/Swift
- Experience with git VC systems such as Github
- Interest in DDD, Microservices, Event Driven Architecture
Although the following aren’t a requirement of the role, experience in these areas would be an advantage:
- Tech lead experience, Docker, Kubernetes skills / Working examples of code in a repository such as GitHub / Good exposure to opensource tooling of all types and Azure Cloud experience including AKS, ServiceBus, Azure SQL PaaS etc.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Great location in Fortitude Valley with high end refurbished offices
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers