Full Time Pastry Chef - Melbourne Town Hall
Job no: 583013
Work type: Maximum Term - Full Time
Categories: Chef / Chef Manager / Cook
Do you want to be a part of a successful company and team?
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Pastry Chef to work at the iconic Melbourne Town Hall
EPICURE is trusted to manage the function facilities at some of Australia’s most iconic venues. At EPICURE, we believe in good food, good wine, and great company. Our philosophy makes EPICURE an exciting and colorful place to work.
As a Pastry Chef, you will have a strong eye for detail and work alongside with Executive Chef and Sous Chef in the smooth and successful operations of the events & functions.
If you have a passion for the unique environment and working with a thriving team in an iconic venue, Apply now.
We operate Monday to Sunday and are seeking a professional looking for a full-time role within a fast paced corporate & function environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
Your daily responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Assisting our senior chefs with maintaining superior standards of preparation and production within the department
- Completing daily production schedules and ensure all products are ready on time for dispatch
- Collaborating with the senior chefs to facilitate the development of new Menus product innovation
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role and relevant qualifications
- Strong knowledge of food safety standards
- Demonstrated organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- A progressive and enthusiastic attitude to hard work in a dynamic environment
- Broad experience, technical competence and knowledge across pastry
- A high level of customer service
- Adherence to food hygiene and occupational health and safety standards
The ideal candidate will have at least two to three years’ experience in a similar position, excellent communication skills, creativity, passion for the industry and a proactive attitude.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A passion for great food and customer service
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good time management skills and an ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility
- Ability to work proactively to help others in a team environment
- Appropriate trade qualifications
To succeed in this role, you will have the ability to lead and to be able to communicate effectively in a team. You will be very well presented and a self-motivated individual who has excellent organisational & communication skills.
You will share EPICURE's vision for providing high level of customer service and client satisfaction. In return, we will provide you with a safe and dynamic work environment where on the job training and career opportunities are available to further advance your hospitality career.
What We Offer
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- The ability to build your career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- Lifestyle, financial, health and well-being employee benefits
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a team that is committed to fresh food and great people, we want to hear from you!
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply.
View Position Description
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend