Transport Operator - Townsville
Job no: 586188
Work type: Maximum Term - Part Time
Location: QLD Regional
Categories: Transport / Logistics
We currently have a great opportunity for a self-motivated, reliable part-time Transport Operator to join our Transport team. This position will provide support for the day to day delivery of transport services to Defence.
What’s in it for you:
- On the job training and upskilling
- Above award pay rates and yearly increases
- Work in an essential service industry
- Access to other Downer internal opportunities
Your day to day activities:
- Maintain a safe workplace and environment
- Ensure a safe driving service to Defence and Civilian customers
- Comply with Transport Regulations and Defence Road Transport Instructions
Skills and Experience
- Suitability for Defence security clearance (Australian Citizenship);
- Current Drivers Licence (mandatory);
- An understanding of Defence Traditions Protocols is an advantage;
- Must be flexible in working hours weekday & weekends (all travel costs covered);
Sound like the role for you? Click the 'Apply now' button below.
Who are we:
Downer Group employs approximately 50,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand. Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services.
Downer Defence is the lead contractor providing Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) for the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We encourage Female and Indigenous applications to apply.
View Position Description
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend