Carpenter - Full Time (Ohakea)
Job no: 586417
Work type: Full Time
Location: NZ Other
Categories: Trades / Facilities Maintenance, Other
About the Role:
Spotless has the Contract with the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) for Facilities Maintenance and Management in the Central Region of the North Island encompassing activities at the three main bases: Linton Military Camp, RNZAF Base Ohakea and Waiouru Military Training Area, the National Army Museum, and several satellite sites where we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability. We currently have an opportunity for a trade qualified Carpenter to join the team at RNZAF Base Ohakea.
If you enjoy being around planes, helicopters and the military, then this is the job for you.
This is a full time role for a hands-on and highly motivated qualified Carpenter to join our full facilities team servicing Ohakea
It is a great opportunity for someone possessing both technical and all round skills with experience over a wide range of related building, facilities, and services tasks. As part of a Maintenance team you will become an integral part of our ability to provide continuity of service to meet the requirements of our clients.
The successful candidate will be required to perform monthly planned maintenance in line with the maintenance plan and reactive maintenance work as required and nominated. Additionally the successful candidate will be required to perform rostered On Call duties.
Skills and Experience:
The successful applicant must:
- Hold the relevant qualification/s and NZ Trade Certification in Carpentry
- Have a Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality focus
- A passion for satisfying our customer's requirements and expectations
- Ability to analyse problems and implement effective solutions on a timely basis and have experience in a similar role
- Assist with scoping and quoting of works
- Show initiative, enthusiasm and have good presentation
- Have good time management skills
- Be well organised and capable of multi-tasking
- Have good communication skills
- Be computer literate with ability to use tablet to create / progress / complete jobs in real time
- Have a clean and current full driver’s license
- Be self-managing and able to work effectively in a team as well individually
What we offer:
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in our diverse business. Working for a progressive and reliable organisation, you will be offered a competitive remuneration package. Surrounded by a team of leading experts, we will equip you with the best tools of trade you will need to deliver the excellence we are known for, plus a whole lot of extras such as PPE and uniform. If you are passionate about the delivery of excellent client service, have the necessary previous experience in a similar role, regardless of whether it was in the corporate arena and would like to be part of our team, apply now!
Spotless Facilities Services (NZ) is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles, candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen, police clearance and security check. Candidates must have the right to work in New Zealand.
View Position Description
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend