Building Services Technician
Job no: 587249
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Trades / Facilities Maintenance
At SPOTLESS we employ over 36,000 people in Australia and New Zealand within a variety of roles. We provide expertise tailored to key industry sectors that include Health, Business & Industry, Resources, Defence, PPP, Leisure, Sport & Entertainment, Laundries, Education and Government.
We're passionate about finding better ways of doing things. For our customers. And for you.
Are you looking for an environment that is different to most? If so and you are an experienced Building Services Technician, apply for an opportunity to come in and discuss what it means to work in the Spotless NZ team.
About the Role:
We are looking for Building Services Technicians who holds a current electrical licence. This role provides an opportunity for a motivated and dedicated individual to work in an excellent team environment for the provision of maintenance services to our high-profile client's six-year-old cluster of buildings located on one site.
Some of the key duties for this role include:
- Actively participate in HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Boiler and Building services for reactive and planned maintenance activities
- Ensuring all planned and reactive maintenance activities are completed within KPI’s
- Undertaking audit work in relation to quality and compliance of subcontractors
- Assisting in the preparation of maintenance plans
- Qualified tradesman,
- Any electrical licence highly desirable,
- desirable to hold current Working at Heights & EWP but not essential as company will provide training
- previous building maintenance in a 24/7 high profile environment highly desirable
- Be highly customer focused
- A natural multi-tasker with precise attention to detail
- Hold a current full NZ driver’s license
- Have a high degree of self-motivation and with the ability to work unsupervised and take ownership
- Passion for maintaining a safe work environment with a knowledge of current WHS legislation preferred
- Genuine belief in excellent customer service with a "can do" attitude
- Good Computer literacy
- Highly desirable to have previous experience of managing subcontractors
- Great English verbal and written communication skills
As part of this role, you will be to attend the on-call roster and required to hold current Department of Corrections, Ministry of Justice and Police clearances.
Why should I apply for this role?
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in diverse business. We offer you the opportunity:
- To join our diverse and inclusive culture
- Be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment
- We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry
- A competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience
- All the tools of trade you need to do your job.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to Spotless Careers website and enter reference number 572534 to apply.
Spotless Facilities Services (NZ) is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles, candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen, police clearance and security check.
Candidates must have the right to work in New Zealand.
View Position Description
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend