Job no: 588348
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Catering, Chef / Chef Manager / Cook, Food & Beverage, Functions & Events
Our dedicated Catering team are looking for reliable Catering Assistants to join them delivering excellent service and high-quality food to our patients. Your efforts will support the Spotless team and business to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and achieve the business objectives of the organisation.
The Role of Catering Assistant involves:
- Assembling and preparing ingredients for cooking, and preparing salads, savouries, and sandwiches
- Cleaning cooking and general utensils used in kitchens and restaurants
- Cleaning kitchens, food preparation areas and sculleries
- Packing food and beverage trays for serving
- Manual scrubbing and washing may also at times be required
- Previous experience in a busy café, restaurant, coffee shop or cafeteria is preferred but not mandatory
- Usage of computerised patient meal system
- Service of meals / drinks to patients
- Secondary education is a must.
- NZQF Level 1 qualification or AQF Certificate (or overseas equivalent) is desirable but not a requirement.
- Food Handlers Certificate is desirable but not a requirement.
- Experience working in a cafeteria environment is desirable but not a requirement.
- Experience in a function’s environment is desirable but not a requirement.
Benefits and Culture
- Free car parking
- Our sites are in easily accessible Auckland locations
- Access to a great range of corporate discounts and benefits including offers of subsidised insurance, gym memberships, retail discounts and free counselling services etc.
If you are passionate about the delivery of excellent service and believe this role appeals to you, apply online now by clicking the 'apply' button.
Spotless Facilities Services (NZ) is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles, candidates will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment medical and drug screen, police clearance, and security check. Candidates must have the right to work in New Zealand.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
View Position Description
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend