Sports and Recreation Attendants - Townsville
Job no: 590106
Work type: Casual, Maximum Term - Full Time, Maximum Term - Part Time
Location: QLD Regional
Categories: Lifestyle roles & Pool Attendants
We are currently seeking reliable Sports and Recreation Attendants to join our Team in Townsville. These positions are responsible for the general supervision of designated Defence gymnasiums and pools, as well as ensuring every Defence member is welcomed and provided a safe, productive and enjoyable experience.
Your day to day activities:
- Open the gymnasium in accordance with the designated times to meet Defence requirements
- Review daily / weekly equipment requirements via booking system and assist PTIs set up / disassemble equipment required for classes in designated areas
- Conduct opening duties including; remove pool covers, clean the pool & surrounds, remove any floating service debris, vacuum etc.
- Throughout the opening hours of the pool maintain a vigilant oversight of the pool to ensure all users are safe
- Interpret data from the Access Control System to verify that an entry and exit time is recorded against all users for the day
- Ensure all equipment is in good working order and report any unsafe equipment for repair or replacement following procedures
What you’ll bring:
- Suitability for Defence security clearance (Australian Citizenship Mandatory)
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Experience working in a Gym or Pool advantageous
- Must hold a current Australian Drivers Licence
The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic, achieve highest level of safety, quality of work and have a genuine passion for excellent customer service.
Sound like the role for you? Click the 'Apply now' button below.
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- Flexible working hours
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
Downer Group employs approximately 50,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand. Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services.
Downer Defence is the lead contractor providing Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) for the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We encourage Female and Indigenous applications to apply.
For further information please email Lucy.Boland@downergroup.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend