Electrician - Rockhampton
Job no: 590980
Work type: Full Time
Location: QLD Regional
Categories: Trades / Facilities Maintenance
Due to recent growth, AE Smith (part of the Downer Group) require an Electrician for a position based in Rockhampton.
AE Smith technical service division has become synonymous with quality, technical expertise and innovation in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical infrastructure. As such we are seeking applications from experienced Electrician to join our Rocky team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Read and interpret electrical working drawings to ascertain requirements for installation.
- Complete material and equipment take offs and ordering as required for individual contracts.
- Plan and complete the most suitable and cost-effective methods for installation, ensuring that all products are fit for their intended purpose.
- Review and decide upon the most suitable set out requirements, and coordinate services to be installed with other trades to minimise clash of services, wastage and reworks.
- Install cabling, controls and associated equipment in accordance with drawings and Electrical Standards
- Complete documentation for Purchase Orders, Inventory, Job Safety Analysis and Electrical Compliance procedures and other documentation as required to ensure prompt return of paperwork to administration and reports to clients.
- Liaise with customers as required and provide customer relations in accordance with Company Policy and procedures to minimise customer complaints, and site work and documentation corrections.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Electrical Licence
- First Aid | CPR
- Working at Heights
- High Risk Work Licence
- EWP Licence
- Competent technical knowledge
- Effective Time Management
- Coordinating with other trades staff and contractors
- Understanding systems applications and methodologies
- Interpreting schedules and reports
- Maintaining and troubleshooting equipment functioning, and problem solving
- Job cost monitoring and control
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Ability to be self-managed
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
AE SMITH can offer you the support of a hard working committed team, the opportunity to make your mark and career development opportunities as diverse as the specialised services we provide for our customers.
Apply now by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.
To view the Position Description, please visit http://careers.spotless.com and search Job Number: 590980
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles, candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen.
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend