Transport Operator - Canberra 2023
Job no: 591029
Work type: Casual, Full Time, Part Time
Categories: Transport / Logistics
Downer Group employs approximately 50,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand. Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services.
Downer Defence is the lead contractor providing Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) for the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
We currently have an opportunity for a self-motivated, reliable Transport Operator (Driver). The Transport Operator will provide support for the day to day delivery of transport services to Defence.
This position will deliver a range of services including, but not limited to:
- Maintain a safe workplace and environment
- Ensure a safe driving service to Defence and Civilian customers
- Comply with Transport Regulations and Defence Road Transport Instructions
Our employees are the face of Downer and play a pivotal role in delivering the service commitment we have made to our clients.
Formal training of all tasks will be provided to you by a qualified staff member.
Skills and Experience
- Suitability for Defence security clearance (Australian Citizenship);
- Current Open Drivers Licence MR / HC/ HR (mandatory);
- Current Drivers Authority (mandatory)
Downer is committed to helping individuals gain meaningful employment. Financial assistance maybe available for the right candidate in obtaining above licences.
The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic, achieve highest level of safety, quality of work and have a genuine passion for excellent customer service.
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
- Great work-life balance: Working Monday to Friday (rostered hours between 6 am to 7.30pm)
- Flexible arrangements: open to Casual, Part time or Full-time hours
- Starting date: early January 2023 (prior 15/01)
- Duration of the contract: Negotiable
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
To apply online please click the 'apply' button below.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and will need to hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as an Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
Downer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.
For further information please email Cecilia.Giunta@Downergroup.com
* Please note: Applications will NOT be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend