Research Nurse (Haematology)
Job No: 627978
Location: Box Hill Hospital
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 12-month fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: $92,589 - $101,552 pa HEW Level 07 (plus 10% employer superannuation)
- Join a collaborative team of Research Nurses
- Build on your Haematology experience
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
There’s a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It’s the feeling that you’re a part of something special. Something significant. So if you’re looking for the next chapter in your career, it’s here. You’ll be given the opportunity to challenge yourself, build on your skills, and make a significant contribution to a workplace that’s filled with energetic and inspiring people. Talent thrives here – and so do truly satisfying careers.
The Department of Haematology has an opportunity for an experienced Research Nurse to join their clinical trials team. You will have a strong work ethic and willingness to participate in professional development opportunities.
Eastern Clinical Research Unit (ECRU) is a division of the Eastern Health Clinical School and operates jointly between the Department of Medicine and the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Monash University. Box Hill Hospital is the primary site for the research activities of ECRU.
As the Research Nurse, you will gather high-quality clinical research data and maintain optimum medical and nursing care to subjects (patients) at the standard of practice in accordance with the National Health Medical and Research Council (NHMRC), Good Clinical Practice Guidelines (GCP), the International Committee of Harmonisation (ICH) and the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A degree in Nursing, from a recognised university with at least four years of subsequent relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of experience and or education/training
- Venepuncture, blood processing and ECG
- Excellent written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- High-level computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office
- The ability to access electronic records and navigate the web environment
- A strong work ethic and willingness to participate in professional development
- The ability to work under pressure and excellent attention to detail
If you believe you fit this profile, we look forward to receiving your application.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. This position at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check and a satisfactory Police Check.
Your application must address the selection criteria. For instructions on how to apply please refer to “How to apply for Monash Jobs”.
In the context of COVID-19, the University is required to comply with various health directions issued from time to time by the Chief Health Officer. Further information concerning vaccination requirements and the obligations on Monash University to collect, record and hold vaccination information about employees is available at the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Victoria, please select COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions.
Elizabeth Arnold, Clinical Trials Team Leader, +61 3 9094 9516
Research Nurse (Haematology)
Thursday 9 December 2021, 11:55pm AEDT
Supporting a diverse workforce