Job No.: 635853
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: $83,901 - $90,561 pa HEW Level 06 (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
- Be a part of an inclusive, collaborative community
There’s a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It’s the feeling that you’re a part of something special. Something significant. And that’s because you’re not just starting your career, or taking on a bigger challenge. You’re making a real contribution – surrounded by energetic, inspiring people who are driven to make a difference as well. Monash is a place where you’ll be able to develop your career in exciting, sometimes unexpected ways – putting you in the best possible position for a rewarding future.
This position is located within University Marketing, Admissions and Communications (UMAC). The Division is focused on ensuring our audiences have the best possible experience - personalised to their interest and the way they want to engage with Monash.
We are in a state of constant transformation and always evolving, because our audiences grow, change and move between segments constantly - so we need to be nimble to meet them where they are, whether that be physically, virtually or digitally. We provide a window into Monash for our audiences to engage - and we focus on what sets us apart.
How, when and where we are seen is defined by students - future, current and past. And the industry partners we work with. We’re future-looking and are early adopters of all things that will aid in reaching, attracting, engaging, converting and retaining our audience. Our direction and decisions are fortified by data, backed by deep market knowledge and connections, and a collective ignition of our competitive nature to be the best.
The Communications Coordinator is embedded in the Buildings and Property Division and is responsible for a broad range of communication and administrative activities to ensure information is effectively and efficiently provided to both divisional staff and our customers. This includes executing communication plans for projects and initiatives, identifying customers and their communication needs, and how to best engage internal audiences.
As the successful applicant you will:
- Have extensive experience in journalism, communications or publishing (or other relevant discipline)
- Be ready to plan, implement and manage a range of complex tasks including researching and writing content for a range of internal publications including newsletters, global emails, websites, blogs and brochures, producing reports and allocating resources in accordance with agreed standards and timeframes
- Have a proven ability to write, edit and produce communications for a variety of traditional and emerging communication channels across print and digital media with experience in developing and implementing effective communication activities and processes, including the generation of ideas for editorial content and coverage
- Be ready to contribute to the development of web content for major projects and initiatives and ensure content is kept up to date and undertake the input and analysis of data, including ensuring effective security, storage and distribution of data, records and reports
- Have excellent organisational skills, including the ability to set priorities, manage time and plan work to meet deadlines
If this sounds like a position that suits your current career focus we look forward to hearing from you.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
For instructions on how to apply, please refer to “How to apply for Monash Jobs”.
Sarah Coull, Internal Communications Manager, +61 407 859 782
Wednesday 13 July 2022, 11:55pm AEST
At Monash University, the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, students and visitors remain our priority. In accordance with the Directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer, we require all staff, students and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine in order to attend our campuses and locations.
For the latest information on COVID-19 at Monash, please visit our website.
Supporting a diverse workforce