Lecturer/Senior Lecturer - Actuarial Science, Business Analytics and Econometrics
Job No.: 657532
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: $111,603 - $132,529 pa Level B / $136,711 - $157,637 pa Level C (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Amplify your impact at a world top 50 University
- Join our inclusive, collaborative community
- Be surrounded by extraordinary ideas - and the people who discover them
At Monash, work feels different. There’s a sense of belonging, from contributing to something groundbreaking – a place where great things happen. We make tangible contributions because our purpose is clear; to deliver positive economic, social and environmental impact in resolving the global challenges of our age.
At the core of achieving this purpose is the diversity of our staff. We welcome and value everyone's contributions, lived experience and expertise. When you come to work, you can be yourself, be a change-maker and develop your career in exciting ways. This is why we champion an inclusive and respectful workplace culture where everyone is supported to succeed.
Together with our commitment to academic freedom, you will have access to quality research facilities, infrastructure, world class teaching spaces, and international collaboration opportunities.
Learn more about Monash.
Join the pinnacle of academic excellence at Monash Business School and help propel your career in academia. The Department of Econometrics & Business Statistics at Monash University is a global powerhouse with a dynamic team of approximately 50 leading academics and a similar number of PhD students, all with particular strengths in actuarial science, business statistics and econometrics.
- Global Recognition: We are a force to be reckoned with, globally acknowledged for groundbreaking research and teaching. Monash designates us as an area of outstanding strength, ‘demonstrably preeminent relative to other Australian universities’ and competing fiercely on the international stage
- Top Rankings: In the 2018 Excellence in Research for Australia assessment, we clinched the highest rank of 5 in Econometrics, and IDEAS places us among the top 10 institutions in the fields of Econometrics, Time Series, and Forecasting
- Cutting-edge Discipline: Dive into Business Analytics, a thriving discipline with a robust statistical foundation. Our programs, including a major in business analytics and statistics, are at the forefront of innovation, accredited by the Statistical Society of Australia. Join us in driving analytics with a social impact!
The Department is on the lookout for a dynamic Lecturer or Senior Lecturer to join our collaborative team. As a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, you will contribute to the Department's profile, engage in scholarly activities, play a major role in research and help shape the future of Actuarial Science, Business Analytics and Econometrics.
- Conduct high quality and impactful research
- Prepare and deliver lectures, workshops, and seminars
- Supervise and engage with honours or postgraduate students
- Attend departmental, school, and/or faculty meetings
- Fulfil committee responsibilities
For the Level B Lecturer Role:
- Qualifications: A doctoral qualification in actuarial science, econometrics, statistics, data science, machine learning, or a closely related discipline (or progress towards completing a doctorate in the relevant discipline)
- Research Prowess: Showcase a robust research background with a commitment to top-tier journal publications
- People Skills: Possess a high level of interpersonal skills, motivating and actively engaging with students at a tertiary level
For the Level C Senior Lecturer Role:
- Credentials: A doctoral qualification in actuarial science, econometrics, statistics, data science, machine learning, or a closely related discipline
- Scholarly Impact: Demonstrate evidence of high-quality scholarly activity, including publications in top-quality journals
- Innovator: Proven track record of obtaining significant external grants for research, coupled with enthusiasm for curriculum development
Diversity is one of our greatest strengths at Monash. We encourage applications from First Nations people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, neurodiverse people, and people of all genders, sexualities, and age groups.
Join the pursuit of our purpose to build a better future for ourselves and our communities – #ChangeIt with us.
Monash avidly supports flexible and hybrid working arrangements. We have a range of policies in place enabling staff to combine work and personal commitments more easily.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. This position at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to 'How to apply for Monash Jobs'.
Professor George Athanasopoulos, Head of the Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics, Econometrics & Business Statistics, BusEco-EBS.HOD@monash.edu
Lecturer - EBS - Level B
Senior Lecturer - EBS - Level C
Sunday 10 December 2023, 11:55pm AEDT
Supporting a diverse workforce