- Full time, continuing
- Location independent - Can be based at La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora) or Victorian regional campuses.
- $98,510 - $116,332 plus 17% superannuation
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
The School of Education has entered into a period of renewal and has adopted an ambitious strategic plan that is intended to reinvigorate the School’s research and coursework portfolio and connectivity with stakeholder groups and industry.
Our mission is to be an agile and vibrant School of Education that leads contemporary education debates and delivers leading research and evidence-based teaching responsive to professional educators. We are known for being current and flexible in a dynamic environment.
The position requires a candidate with a strong understanding of Senior English Education and pedagogy and work in teaching teams to develop curriculum, design effective learning opportunities for students at a tertiary level in Initial Teacher Education programs. You will have strong understanding and experience of the English senior school curriculum and/or teacher education, with strong understanding and application skills in digital learning. Furthermore, a research track-record and a program of research that will inform evidence-based approaches to course and teaching delivery is required.
The position holder will be required to undertake travel to other La Trobe University campuses.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development.
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research conducted and published or otherwise disseminated, relative to opportunity
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, or co-supervise, honours and postgraduate students.
- Sound analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information clearly both orally and in writing.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 1st August 2021 by 11:55pm AEST
Position Enquiries: Professor Joanna Barbousas, TEL: 03 9479 2190 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: The Recruitment Team at Recruitmnet@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
Level-B - TR - English Secondary - FINAL.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for position no. 561449 under current vacancies.