- Full time, continuing
- Location independent - Can be based at La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora) or Victorian regional campuses.
- $119,899 - $157,928 plus 17% superannuation
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
The School of Education has entered into a period of renewal and has adopted an ambitious strategic plan that is intended to reinvigorate the School’s research and coursework portfolio and connectivity with stakeholder groups and industry.
Our mission is to be an agile and vibrant School of Education that leads contemporary education debates and delivers leading research and evidence-based teaching responsive to professional educators. We are known for being current and flexible in a dynamic environment.
The position requires a candidate with a strong understanding and knowledge of current research and evidence-based approaches to pedagogy and cognitive processes in education, educational psychology, and/or teacher education. They will have demonstrated expertise in developing high quality coursework underpinned by current research in pedagogy at a tertiary level and/or school level. The position holder will also have a strong understanding of diverse theories that inform learning approaches from other theoretical dimensions other than cognitive approaches. They will have a strong research track-record and research program in pedagogy and cognitive learning to contribute and take a leadership role in multidisciplinary research teams in and beyond the School of Education.
The position holder will be required to undertake travel to other La Trobe University campuses.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated effectiveness and leadership in curriculum development and teaching with a proven commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at course/program level for the Senior Lecturer role. Evidence of effective contributions to leadership and management at the Department/School/College or University level for the Associate Professor role.
- Strong record of research publication, with appropriate evidence of quality and impact for the Senior Lecturer role. Distinguished record of nationally and/or internationally recognised independent research, with evidence of its impact and significance for the Associate Professor role.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 1st August 2021 by 11:55pm AEST
Position Enquiries: Professor Joanna Barbousas, TEL: 03 9479 2190 Email: email@example.com
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment Team: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
Level-D -TR - Pedagogy & Cognitive Science - FINAL.pdf
Level-C -TR - Pedagogy and Cognitive Science - FINAL.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities