- Full time, continuing
- Location independent - Can be based at La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora) or Victorian regional campuses.
- $119,899 - $137,724 plus 17% superannuation
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
The School of Education has entered into a period of renewal and has adopted an ambitious strategic plan that is intended to reinvigorate the School’s research and coursework portfolio and connectivity with stakeholder groups and industry.
Our mission is to be an agile and vibrant School of Education that leads contemporary education debates and delivers leading research and evidence-based teaching responsive to professional educators. We are known for being current and flexible in a dynamic environment.
The position requires a candidate with a strong understanding and demonstrated experience in developing teacher education curriculum at a school and/or tertiary level and expertise in professional practice in Initial Teacher Education. You will be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of evidence-based approaches to pedagogy and impactful learning approaches. Furthermore, you will have demonstrated experience and expertise and/or a strong research track-record and research program in the areas of Pedagogy, teacher education and professional practice. A strong understanding of national and international regulatory frameworks that impact on teacher education and the teaching profession is essential.
The position holder will be required to undertake travel to other La Trobe University campuses.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- Masters degree or PhD degree or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, curriculum development and subject coordination in face-to-face, blended and/or online modes with a commitment to excellence in teaching, as evidenced by sustained high results on student feedback on teaching surveys, teaching excellence awards or through other forms of evidence.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at course/program level.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain funding for learning and teaching improvement projects from internal or external grants/contracts/consultancies.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 1st August 2021 by 11:55pm AEST
Position Enquiries: Professor Joanna Barbousas, TEL: 03 9479 2190 Email: email@example.com
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: The Recruitment Team at: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
Level-C-TF - Pedagogy, Professional Practice and Teacher Ed - FINAL.pdf
Level-C-TR - Pedagogy, Professional Practice and Teacher Ed - FINAL.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for position no. 561454 under current vacancies.