- Full-time, Continuing
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- HEO6 - $80,515 - $86,870 per annum + 17% superannuation
- This position is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants only, as La Trobe University considers that being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for the position under the 'special measures' of section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
About the position
The Indigenous Student Engagement Coordinator is primarily responsible for leading the development and implementation of a range of student engagement activities for the Indigenous Strategy & Education Division. This position will operate with the support of the Indigenous Student Engagement Officers to facilitate student engagement activities, communications and events across the student lifecycle.
This position is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants only, as La Trobe University considers that being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for the position under the 'special measures' of section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- A Degree with subsequent relevant experience to consolidate the theories and principles learned, or extensive experience, leading to either the development of specialist expertise or to the development of broad knowledge, in technical or administrative fields, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and evaluating engagement strategies that target relevant audiences, including a strong call to action.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a small multi-disciplinary team to deliver a high standard of client service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in small teams and one-to-one and with a wide variety of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional networking skills to build and maintain relationships across the university, and specifically with the central student support and service delivery teams to e.g. develop and promote social and community activities.
- Demonstrated organisation and problem-solving skills, with an ability to manage several different projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures historical and contemporary issues affecting participation in education.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 11:55pm Sunday 12th December 2021
Position Enquiries: Tanya Peeler via email: T.firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: email@example.com
Position Description below:
PD - HEO6 - Coordinator, Indigenous Student Engagement.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.