- Part time at 0.5FTE or 2.5 days per week
- Continuing position
- Located at Bendigo campus
- $69,882 - $78,262 pro rata per annum + up to 17% superannuation
- This position is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants only, as La Trobe University considers that being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for the position under the 'special measures' of section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
About the position
The Indigenous Student Engagement coordinator have a direct role to improve the participation, retention and success of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students through a range of initiatives, programs, activities to support students’ wellbeing and academic success. The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Performs tasks which require knowledge of the standard application of theoretical principles, Indigenous cultural knowledge, procedures and techniques at the level of an inexperienced graduate working in their field or expertise.
- Provide Culturally appropriate pastoral care, social support and referral for Indigenous students, and referral to the Indigenous Student Advisor as appropriate.
- Requires judgement based on theoretical and technical knowledge pertaining to a range of differing situations. Exercises initiative in the application of systems and procedures.
- Performs tasks/assignments which require proficiency in the work area's rules, regulations, processes and techniques, and how they interact with other related functions.
Skills and Experience
- Education, training and/or relevant experience equivalent to completion of a degree.
- Demonstrated depth or breadth of expertise developed through extensive relevant experience and application.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures historical and contemporary issues affecting participation in education.
- Experience working with Aboriginal people and knowledge of the local Aboriginal demographic.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday 12th December 2021
Position Enquiries: Tanya Peeler, via email email@example.com
HR/Recruitment Enquiries; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
PD HEO5 Senior Officer, Indigenous Student Engagement (Bendigo).pdf
This position is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants only, as La Trobe University considers that being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for the position under the 'special measures' of section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume;
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.