- Full time, Fixed Term 3 Year Appointment / Hybrid work model supported
- Position based at La Trobe University’s Bundoora Campus
- Generous salary package, including 17% superannuation and a range of employee benefits
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities to achieve financial and strategic growth objectives
About the position
Reporting to the Director, Research & Innovation Precinct, the Business Development Manager, Research and Innovation Precinct contributes to the development of business development, stakeholder engagement and partnerships by taking a leading role in engaging industry partners and La Trobe academic and professional stakeholders to build new Research & Innovation Precinct opportunities and expand existing relationships with Precinct Partners by growing the number of research collaborations, student placements and industry PhDs.
Working collaboratively with leadership across Portfolios, Colleges and Schools the Senior Business Development Manager has responsibility to initiate and develop business development opportunities to achieve financial and strategic growth objectives. The Senior Business Development Manager will identify and lead co-location opportunities, industry research opportunities in the Precinct, funding submissions and other industry engagement activities to generate impact and growth at scale. Activities will be focused in areas aligned to the strategic direction of the University and the Research and Innovation Precinct Strategy with a particular focus on our strengths in: Agriculture, Food and Environment, Health and Wellbeing and Digital Technology and Transformation.
Some of your duties will include:
- Lead and co-ordinate the development and execution of collaborative research, industry engagement and commercial opportunities relating to the R&I Precinct, including internal and external relationship management, market research and contract negotiation/execution.
- Effectively manage Precinct partnerships and demonstrate IE leadership.
- Be responsible for the achievement of significant organisational objectives and programs including the establishment of the Australian Food Innovation Centre.
- Bring a multi-perspective understanding to the development, marketing and implementation of industry partnerships to deliver on the goals of the R&I Precinct strategy.
- Provide support to the R&I Precinct Director to develop large funding proposals and big bids to secure investment in the R&I Precinct.
- Contribute to the delivery and reporting of metrics relating to the Research and Innovation Precinct including relevant VHESIF programs (BioInnovation Hub and Digital Innovation Hub) and NPILF.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in the management of significant human and material resources, or postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or experience and expertise in the provision of strategic policy advice affecting the direction of the University, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in liaising with staff at all levels of an organisation, negotiating effective outcomes, consultation and facilitation of group discussions.
- Awareness and understanding of the activities, objectives and strategic direction of the University, both current and future, in a global context.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify, build and develop a portfolio of business development opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop key strategic relationship and deliver end-to-end conversion of strategic business development opportunities to support delivery of revenue growth and impact objectives.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday 24th September, 2023 at 11:55pm
Position Enquiries: Jan Bingley, Director Business Development and Commercialisation, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: (03) 9479 3583
Recruitment Enquiries: Vicki Stavrou, Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner, Email email@example.com, Phone: (03) 9479 5191
Position Description below:
PD-Senior Business Development Manager Research and Innovation Precinct.pdf
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter and
- An up-to-date resume.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.