Could this be one of those rare moments to do the best work of your career? At Tabcorp, our story continues to evolve every day. It’s an exciting moment in our history - a new era of Tabcorp. We’re raising the game by creating the most engaging betting and entertainment experiences, and to lead in integrity.
We’re here to create excitement everywhere – through our incredible people, unrivalled experiences and strong relationships. We're bringing industry leading products and services to our customers and breaking into new horizons.
Game to join us?
What you’ll do
Your role is responsible for the tax advisory, tax risk management and tax governance for the Tabcorp Group. You will also take a lead role in managing Statutory Taxation Authority reviews.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide taxation advice to the business that is technically accurate and commercially practical.
- Management of the Group’s tax risk management framework and tax governance processes and preparation of technical papers (RAPP) to support tax positions taken.
- Manage Statutory Taxation Authority reviews, including ATO Income Tax and GST assurance reviews and assist the team with tax compliance.
- Monitor and update on relevant tax legislation changes and implications, manage process improvements and assist with tax planning and strategic initiatives.
What you’ll bring
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in a finance, accounting, taxation or related discipline, a qualification in law and/or attainment of CPA/CA/CTA qualifications.
- Extensive experience in a taxation role. Corporate mid-tier or Big4 exposure is desirable.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with comprehensive knowledge of tax effect accounting standards.
What you’ll get
Not only will you receive an awesome candidate experience from our caring Talent team, the perks of working with us are pretty good too!
The list is extensive but here are a few:
- A “say yes” approach to flexible working to meet your individual needs
- A multitude of leave types such as cultural leave, volunteer leave and 18 weeks’ parental leave for all new parents, regardless of gender
- We’re committed to Inclusion & Diversity with a range of initiatives such as our annual Inclusion Month celebrations and our Gender Affirmation Statement of Support
- We’re proud to have been named an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the federal government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for the seventh consecutive year
- We offer a comprehensive (and free) health and wellbeing app called The Arena to support you and your family’s mental and physical health
- We’re committed to your learning and development with a dedicated platform with helpful resources from leadership to technology to upskill and cross train
We’re Australia’s leading gambling entertainment company. Together, we build on our 100+ year heritage by delivering Excitement with Integrity, every day. Each one of us is here to put our customers at the heart of everything we do by creating moments that engage, surprise and thrill.
Our 3,000+ strong team is as diverse as Australia itself. Our people drive homegrown world-class brands; TAB, Sky Racing and MAX. As an ASX listed company, we’re proud to shape our industry for the better. Because together, anything’s possible.
Tabcorp is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where all our people feel valued for their unique qualities and have a sense of belonging. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tabcorp is closely monitoring Department of Health guidelines to ensure we continue to provide a safe working environment. You may be required to present evidence of Covid vaccination in order to comply with Public Health directions and fulfil the requirements of this role.
This role is based in Melbourne.