Could this be one of those rare moments to do the best work of your career? At Tabcorp, our story continues to evolve every day. It’s an exciting moment in our history - a new era of Tabcorp. We’re raising the game by creating the most engaging betting and entertainment experiences, and to lead in integrity.
We’re here to create excitement everywhere – through our incredible people, unrivalled experiences and strong relationships. We're bringing industry leading products and services to our customers and breaking into new horizons.
Game to join us?
What you’ll do
The Strategy & Ventures Manager will play a key role in leading and contributing to strategic thinking and planning for group level and business unit strategic issues and opportunities.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working closely with the Strategy Team and senior stakeholders to drive the Group strategic planning process and inorganic growth strategy.
- Evaluating expansion opportunities that support Tabcorp’s vision and assist in the design and delivery of new programmes of work.
- Conducting organisational reviews and providing recommendations to senior leadership regarding Business Unit initiatives.
- Assisting with due diligence and developing investment cases for new ventures and innovation opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with the business units to shape, develop and manage business plans and strategic initiatives.
- Performing financial analyses of business models, market and competitor assessments and preparation of presentation materials for senior management and Board consumption.
- Maintaining and developing knowledge of industry fundamentals, current and emerging trends, and evaluating against the current and potential business performance.
- Working with the insights team to translate insights on customer behaviour to tangible implications and opportunities for the business units.
What you’ll bring
We are ideally looking for people with a degree in Business or Finance and experience in an internal corporate strategy function or top tier consulting firm or financial services (Gambling Industry experience would be advantageous but is not essential). You will also have advanced Excel and financial modelling ability.
Critical to your success in this role will be strong commercial acumen, excellent analytical thinking and interpersonal skills and your passion to learn and delivery focus.
What you’ll get
Not only will you receive an awesome candidate experience from our caring Talent team, the perks of working with us are pretty good too!
The list is extensive but here are a few:
- A “say yes” approach to flexible working to meet your individual needs
- A multitude of leave types such as cultural leave, volunteer leave and 18 weeks’ parental leave for all new parents, regardless of gender
- We’re committed to Inclusion & Diversity with a range of initiatives such as our annual Inclusion Month celebrations and our Gender Affirmation Statement of Support
- We’re proud to have been named an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the federal government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for the seventh consecutive year
- We offer a comprehensive (and free) health and wellbeing app called The Arena to support you and your family’s mental and physical health
- We’re committed to your learning and development with a dedicated platform with helpful resources from leadership to technology to upskill and cross train
We’re Australia’s leading gambling entertainment company. Together, we build on our 100+ year heritage by delivering Excitement with Integrity, every day. Each one of us is here to put our customers at the heart of everything we do by creating moments that engage, surprise and thrill.
Our 3,000+ strong team is as diverse as Australia itself. Our people drive homegrown world-class brands; TAB, Sky Racing and MAX. As an ASX listed company, we’re proud to shape our industry for the better. Because together, anything’s possible.
Tabcorp is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where all our people feel valued for their unique qualities and have a sense of belonging. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tabcorp is closely monitoring Department of Health guidelines to ensure we continue to provide a safe working environment. You may be required to present evidence of Covid vaccination in order to comply with Public Health directions and fulfil the requirements of this role.
Melbourne location (but flexible)
**Please note one role is 12 months Fixed Term and one role is permanent