Could this be one of those rare moments to do the best work of your career? At Tabcorp, our story continues to evolve every day. It’s an exciting moment in our history - a new era of Tabcorp. We’re raising the game by creating the most engaging betting and entertainment experiences, and to lead in integrity.
We’re here to create excitement everywhere – through our incredible people, unrivalled experiences, and strong relationships. We're bringing industry leading products and services to our customers and breaking into new horizons.
Game to join us?
What you’ll do
As our Data Operations Engineer within the BI & Data Enterprise team, you will be responsible for Development Level Operations Maintenance applications, ancillary software and hardware, cloud platforms and other new technology initiatives as they emerge for Data and BI, to help scale data capabilities for ingestion and transformation with big data volumes and at real-time speed.
Reporting to the Platform Lead - Data Warehousing, you will work in a centre of excellence to add value to the quality, stability and reliability of data consumed by Tabcorp, ensuring data and intelligence is of the highest quality on a global scale.
What you’ll bring
- Information Technology, or Computer Science, or equivalent qualification
- A strong understanding of the Information and Technology industry, Data Warehouse, ETL technology, stakeholder management and next practice
- Experience in an application support role supporting data and BI platforms, SQL and analytical exposure on a large scale and complex environment
- Ability to debug and identify the root cause for the data issues reported by user on the Business Intelligence Reports, defect fixing and enhancement/development
- A track record of continuous delivery of incremental value at scale multiple data products in multi-team, multi-business environments
- Experienced in agile, lean, DevOps, and other best (and next) practice
- Experience working with a variety of supplier / resource models, including matrix, managed services, and multiple suppliers
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining strong relationships across business and technology teams
- Experience in working in a competitive, fast paced industry
You may be a recent graduate, or with some experience and you are seeking a career in IT. If you have an eagerness to learn and adapt to a wide range of technologies, or if you are currently in a similar role looking for a new challenge and wanting to expand your knowledge with a strong career pathway, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll get
Not only will you receive an awesome candidate experience from our caring Talent team, the perks of working with us are pretty good too!
The list is extensive but here are a few:
- A “say yes” approach to flexible working to meet your individual needs
- A multitude of leave types such as cultural leave, volunteer leave and 18 weeks’ parental leave for all new parents, regardless of gender
- We’re committed to Inclusion & Diversity with a range of initiatives such as our annual Inclusion Month celebrations and our Gender Affirmation Statement of Support
- We’re proud to have been named an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the federal government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for the seventh consecutive year
- We offer a comprehensive (and free) health and wellbeing app called The Arena to support you and your family’s mental and physical health
- We’re committed to your learning and development with a dedicated platform with helpful resources from leadership to technology to upskill and cross train
We’re Australia’s leading gambling entertainment company. Together, we build on our 100+ year heritage by delivering Excitement with Integrity, every day. Each one of us is here to put our customers at the heart of everything we do by creating moments that engage, surprise, and thrill.
Our 3,000+ strong team is as diverse as Australia itself. Our people drive homegrown world-class brands; TAB, Sky Racing and MAX. As an ASX listed company, we’re proud to shape our industry for the better. Because together, anything’s possible.
Tabcorp is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where all our people feel valued for their unique qualities and have a sense of belonging. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com
Tabcorp is closely monitoring Department of Health guidelines to ensure we continue to provide a safe working environment. You may be required to present evidence of Covid vaccination in order to comply with Public Health directions and fulfil the requirements of this role.
This role can be based in Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney