Could this be one of those rare moments to do the best work of your career? At Tabcorp, our story continues to evolve every day. It’s an exciting moment in our history – a new era of Tabcorp. We’re raising the game by creating the most engaging betting and entertainment experiences, and to lead in integrity.
We’re here to create excitement everywhere – through our incredible people, unrivalled experiences and strong relationships. We’re bringing industry leading products and services to our customers and breaking into new horizons.
Game to join us?
What you’ll do
Senior Operational Support Engineers are responsible for the day-to-day management of the operating environment, for all systems and platforms, including transactional and Corporate infrastructure. Senior Operational Support Engineers play a key role in infrastructure delivery by way of installing and configuring hardware and software, deploying solutions into all environments, providing system incident management and monitoring to ensure optimum performance, capacity, and availability.
- Always represent and champion the needs of the Core Technology group, both daily, within workshops and when assigned to a project.
- Contribute to the design of infrastructure solutions and services, often bringing expert thinking to a cross-skilled and co-located team.
- Install and configure hardware and software in accordance with the solution design needs, identifying and adapting as needs change.
- Ensure continuous testing and questioning of the solution to ensure it meets the needs for which it was designed as well as being operationally robust. This includes performance, sociability, and functional testing.
- Collaborate within infrastructure to ensure solutions are fully operationalized and successfully transitioned to production, representing the needs of the Core Technology group.
- Ensure that production and test systems are monitored, maintained, proactively identify problem areas, and resolve or escalate issues.
- Provide assistance as needed during incident or event management periods.
- Adhere to change management processes and procedures.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years IT experience managing, supporting, and implementing enterprise server environments using Windows Sever and related products.
- Demonstrated experience working within the ITIL framework in a large, enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated experience in Technology operations best practice, including patching, maintenance, standard operating environments, and security.
- High level of experience in the design, management and support of Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, and related technologies.
- Experience working with VMware products (particularly VSphere, vRA).
- Demonstrated experience in the management and support of large Office 365 (Exchange Online), AAD and hybrid Exchange deployments.
- Experience managing Microsoft’s Certificate Authority & PKI technologies.
- Knowledge of Storage / Hyper Converged concepts (e.g SAN, FC, iSCSI).
- Skills in automation and scripting using Powershell, Chef, Ansible, VMWare vRA or Orchestrator would be an advantage.
- Experience maintaining and supporting complex, business critical 24x7 services.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and solving technical issues.
What you’ll get
Not only will you receive an awesome candidate experience from our caring Talent team, the perks of working with us are pretty good too! The list is extensive but here are a few:
- A “say yes” approach to flexible working and home office set up reimbursement (up to $295)
- A multitude of leave types including cultural leave, volunteer leave and 18 weeks’ parental leave for all new parents
- Access to The Arena, a comprehensive health and wellbeing app to support you and your family’s mental and physical health
- Commitment to I&D with annual Inclusion Month celebrations and our Gender Affirmation Statement of Support
- Study leave and assistance, and dedicated platforms with helpful resources to support ongoing learning and development
- Proudly named an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by WGEA for the seventh consecutive year
We’re Australia’s leading gambling entertainment company. Together, we build on our 100+ year heritage by delivering Excitement with Integrity, every day. Each one of us is here to put our customers at the heart of everything we do by creating moments that engage, surprise, and thrill.
Our 3,000+ strong team is as diverse as Australia itself. Our people drive homegrown world-class brands; TAB, Sky Racing and MAX. As an ASX listed company, we’re proud to shape our industry for the better. Because together, anything’s possible.
Tabcorp is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where all our people feel valued for their unique qualities and have a sense of belonging. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tabcorp is closely monitoring the Department of Health guidelines to ensure we continue to provide a safe working environment. You may be required to present evidence of Covid vaccination in order to comply with Public Health directions to fulfil the requirements of this role.
This role can be located in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane.