About the role:
You will use your strong communication and interpersonal skills to actively engage and support our managers and leaders and help them to apply the WHS Management System into their day-to-day business activities You will act as a focal point, enabling compliance with statutory WHS obligations and continual implementation & improvement to WHS.
You will be responsible for reviewing and actioning safety reports, undertaking complex and diverse audits, investigations and inspections of the Virgin Australia Group Business Units. You will partner with our externally contracted providers to ensure compliance with WHS regulations and you will facilitate safety related training.
You will be a self-motivated individual who is passionate about safety. Crucial to the success of this role is the ability to quickly build strong and lasting relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
You are an effective, compelling communicator and using your good sense of humour, able to positively influence stakeholders about safety as a priority.
You will also demonstrate:
- Excellence in safety investigations and workplace inspections. You can analyse issues, pre-empt problems and make just recommendations
- Thorough understanding of workplace health & safety regulations & environment, codes of practice and standards as well as best practice processes, theories and methodologies
- Ability to interpret legislative or other specified requirements to produce practical operational solutions
- A diploma in WHS or higher
- Investigation training/qualification, ideal
- Flexibility to travel to domestically as required
About the benefits:
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle
This is a wonderful opportunity to join the VA Safety team! If this sounds like you, then apply now!
PD - Workplace Health Safety Systems Specialist.pdf