When you think Virgin, you automatically think innovation. Joining our Digital and Emerging Technology’s team will see you at the forefront of innovation, delivering innovative projects from ideation through to full development.
The team’s focus is to bring new ideas to life, building a program of innovation driven by customer insights. We evaluate emerging technologies in realistic environments, engaging with partners and vendors to accelerate innovation through design centred thinking.
About the role:
As a Cloud Security Engineer in the Cloud Platform Services team you will partner with stakeholders including the PCI Compliance office, and DevOps and IT security teams to design scalable and secure cloud services to support a wide range of new and emerging digital solutions. Your key focus will be ensuring security considerations are baked into Cloud solutions, and security alerts are monitored and actioned.
You will be involved in:
- Our Card Data Environment, for PCI compliance
- Our 3-year cloud migration program of work, taking everything from our data centres and cloudify it
- Embedding the Dev-Sec-Ops processes into the way we operate
- Automating the deployment of services to support software development teams
- Building capabilities to support our Container-first mandate – Kubernetes, Istio, Docker.
Along the way you will be responsible for championing the CI/CD agenda, building the guiderails for automated provisioning and deployments, and ensuring we maintain 100% PCI compliance.
You will have access to expertise from leading industry vendors and practitioners and will be expected to balance your day to day responsibilities with a passion for continuous learning, and driving innovation and the adoption of new ideas.
Who you are:
- An innovative thinker. You are passionate about challenging the status quo and will take the initiative to drive innovative solutions in a dynamic environment
- A self-learner. You are inquisitive, constantly exploring and upskilling on new technology and systems.
- A people person. You collaborate and engage with the internal and external department stakeholders to deliver solutions across the business
What you’ll need:
- Certifications in IT security or Cloud Security
- ISA (Internal Security Assessor).
- Understanding of PCI compliance requirements
- Experience as an Internal Security Assessor
- Extensive knowledge of solution design, development and operations in AWS
- Expertise in Cloud Formation and scripting languages such as BASH, Python and Ansible
- Exceptional Linux and/or WindowsOS skills
- Experience in working in an Agile team environment (Scrum, Jira, Kanban)
What you’ll get from us:
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a truly innovative team and be at the forefront of driving new technologies across the aviation industry. If you’re up for the challenge, then we want to hear from you.
Position Description - Cloud Security Engineer v0,1 (1).pdf