Velocity Frequent Flyer is the award - winning loyalty program of Virgin Australia, providing members with many easy ways to earn Velocity Points both at home and around the world to enjoy fantastic rewards sooner. Working at Velocity is all about your technical expertise, your ability to engage stakeholders, your ideas and your willingness to bring a fresh perspective to the way we do things.
Currently our Velocity Frequent Flyer Program is going through an exciting time, expanding rapidly. We are now looking for a PMO Coordinator to join our Sydney team. You will work with the Portfolio Manager to coordinate all Portfolio activities - including project reporting, project documentation, project tracking, project controls, communications, project budget, project resource requirements, development of schedules and reporting on progress -giving you exposure across the exciting projects Velocity Frequent Flyer and its partners are delivering. You will be vital in supporting the Portfolio Manager to deliver and administer portfolio tools, approval processes and project management standards and methodology to deliver overall portfolio success.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Setup, administer and continuously improve portfolio tools and approval processes
- Setup, administer and continuously improve project management standards and methodology
- Work with Project Managers to implement standards, processes and tools
- Collate, review and validate project data from project teams
- Produce portfolio report including project updates, issues, risks, actions and decisions register
- Undertaking monthly portfolio and project financial reconciliations and assist the Portfolio Manager to manage portfolio budgets
- Analysing project and financial data to understand trends, pro-actively identify portfolio issues and recommending innovative solutions
- Undertake capacity planning to ensure resources are efficiently and effectively sourced and utilised across the portfolio
- Perform quality assurance on the consistent use of standards and tools
Want to know more? Please refer to the position description for more details. PD_Portfolio Analyst.pdf
What will make you successful?
- Your 3+ years of experience in a PMO, PMO Coordinator or Project Coordination role
- Well-developed Project Management software skills, including using Project Server
- Your exceptional quantitative and qualitative analysis and reporting skills
- Demonstrated experience operating in an environment that uses structured project management principles
- Your ability to perform tasks with high levels of accuracy, attention to detail and efficiency whilst displaying exceptional time management skills
- Your naturally inquisitive and curious nature coupled with the initiative to embed improvements
- Superb stakeholder management and relationship management skills
- Highly organised and structured in your approach to work
Please note this is a 12 month Fixed Term contract position.
Don't miss your chance to join an award winning company, apply now!