Leader, Airport Capability (MEL & ADL)
Job no: 503153
Work type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne, Adelaide
Categories: Other Ground Operations, All Training
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for a challenge.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and our award-winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
The objective of the Leader, Airport Capability role is to provide quality leadership and coaching to Ground Operations Trainers across multiple ports, to ensure consistently high standards of training and assessment practices are upheld and effective learning solutions delivered to frontline team members. The role is responsible for the planning and delivery of role based and mandatory training packages across all airport roles and new training that supports strategic and commercial initiatives, in order to achieve desired levels of capability and performance.
The Leader, Airport Capability plays a critical role in achieving compliance of training records and accurate reporting of qualifications.
As the role oversights Melbourne and Adelaide airports, the Leader, Airport Capability will be required to frequently travel.
Who you are:
- A Leader. You are comfortable inspiring teams to deliver in complex work environments
- A creative thinker. You think laterally, challenge existing paradigms and are able to define new methods and processes in order to achieve extraordinary outcomes
- An analytical thinker in decision making. You advocate for analytics and insights in decision making and can see the bigger picture through the lens of commercial outcomes.
- Commercially savvy. You have business smarts and can drive solutions that will provide a return on investment.
- An influencer. You will build strong relationships to understand and influence the training plan based on regular interactions with Operational Managers around airport training needs and skills gaps and provide advice to the centralised planning team to ensure accurate rostering of training activity
What you’ll need:
- Strong leadership, coaching and consulting skills with experience in a leadership role
- Experience in workplace training, facilitation and competency-based assessment and strong understanding of adult learning principles
- Experience in a dynamic operational environment
- Ability to quickly build and maintain relationships across varied levels of the company
- Strong organisation, planning and problem-solving ability
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or other relevant qualification
- Knowledge of aviation regulations and practices would be desirable
What you’ll get from us:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
- Be one of Skytrax’s Best Airline and Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific!
This is an airline environment with things changing constantly, so if you're a progressive thinker and love finding creative ways to solve problems then please apply now!
Advertised : AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close : AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now