What sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. In recruiting we seek out dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready to work in a challenging, fast pace environment. Our people are at the cornerstone of our business and our award-winning service to every guest is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
The Procurement Strategy & Governance Specialist is an exciting new role created in Group Procurement, with a broad scope focused on function enablement and continuous improvement.
As a part of a broader Strategy & Governance team, the role will drive the improvement and ongoing management of procurement strategies, processes, tools and templates. Working closely with colleagues from across the procurement department, this role will ensure that frameworks, processes and tools are fit for purpose and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of procurement activity.
The role will also be responsible for ongoing adoption, use and improvement of procurement technology systems, as well as technology capability awareness and development.
There will also be a key focus on the development of new programs, including the design and implementation of a contract management framework, supply chain risk management framework, sustainable procurement and supplier relationship management initiatives.
The Procurement Strategy & Governance Specialist will also have a key responsibility for improving overarching procurement governance and reporting and will support the procurement leadership in the planning and execution of procurement learning & development and knowledge-sharing initiatives, including liaising with and managing relationships with key external bodies.
This role is focussed on the design and introduction of new ways of working and therefore will have a key focus on program and process design, influencing at all levels within the organisation and change management.
Who you are:
- A senior procurement professional. You have demonstrable commercial expertise with a clear understanding of the drivers affecting business. You demonstrate a passion for and a clear track record of delivering commercially astute outcomes.
- A Leader. You are comfortable inspiring teams to deliver in complex work environments
- A creative thinker. You think laterally, challenge existing paradigms and are able to define new methods and processes in order to achieve extraordinary outcomes
- An analytical thinker in decision making. You advocate for analytics and insights in decision making and can see the bigger picture through the lens of commercial outcomes.
- Commercially savvy. You have business smarts, and can drive solutions that will provide a return on investment.
- An influencer. You are a strong influencer who communicates effectively and with purpose, collaboratively engaging with internal and external stakeholders and are comfortable challenging the status quo
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years’ experience in strategic sourcing and category management environment, including at least 1 year in a procurement strategy / process / frameworks role
- Strong program and project management experience as well as demonstrable business advisory / consulting / process improvement experience
- Detailed knowledge of leading strategic sourcing and category management practices including knowledge of leading technology solutions
- Complex business case development principles to develop, lead and critically analyse improvement initiatives.
- Best-practice procurement design principles and operating practices.
- Previous consulting experience preferred
What you’ll get from us:
- Award winning airline – Join Skytrax’s Best Airline and Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific for 2017!
- Great domestic and international flight benefits for you, your family and your friends
This opportunity won’t be around for long. Don’t delay and miss your chance to be part of the Virgin Australia team, apply now!
Position Description - Position Description - Procurement Strategy & Governance Specialist.doc