Data Quality and Governance Lead
Job no: 505004
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Other IT
The newly created Data Quality & Governance role will be responsible for implementing Data Management capabilities and processes and ensuring compliance with the organisation’s Data Governance Framework.
Your proven knowledge of data management concepts and experience using data management toolsets will be highly regarded in this role. This background teamed with superior communication skills will ensure you build and manage effective stakeholder relationships, enabling the successful delivery of data initiatives.
- Drive the data quality and governance program across the enterprise.
- Establish a data governance framework and support the establishment of a Data Management Centre of Excellence
- Provide subject matter expertise with respect to all facets of data management
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to achieve efficiency and effectiveness
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management
- Provide indirect leadership to users of Virgin Australia’s data platforms, maximising the value of the data asset
2021 is an exciting time for Virgin Australia as our tourism industry begins to recover from the impact of COVID-19. The Group took flight under new ownership last year, with a renewed sense of identity and focus on its mid-market heartland. We are ramping up our flying schedule as border restrictions ease, refreshing our offering to our core customers, and continuing to deliver the uniquely Virgin customer experience Australians know and love.
What we're looking for:
To succeed, you will be flexible in your approach, be able to prioritise and handle the dynamic changes of the industry, and build sustainable business and internal IT relationships. The role requires effective relationship management across numerous internal and external stakeholders and service providers, ensuring alignment across various business drivers and objectives.
- Experience implementing and using data management toolsets in complex environments
- Experience in consulting and client-facing roles
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with differing stakeholders including external vendors
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and principles
- Knowledge of modern data platforms and information system technologies
- Familiarity with privacy laws, data protection, and information security regulations, and frameworks, such as GDPR, and APRA
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close : E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now