The Procurement Centre of Excellence is accountable for the management and maintenance of procurement strategies, procedures, tools, and templates, continuous improvement of the Group Procurement function and establishing and managing the group-wide procurement governance framework.
The objective of the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst is to lead the establishment of the procurement analytics and reporting function. You will drive strong analytical capability and fact-based decision making into the procurement model through insights and thought leadership. You will also forge new ways of working and train others in simple analytical methodologies.
- Lead the development of the group-wide procurement reporting suite, including the procurement balanced scorecard
- Develop and formalise the benefits realisation framework and manage framework compliance
- Manage procurement data sources, develop, and implement the procurement taxonomy and optimise data integrity
- Develop reports and presentations based on research, analysis, and strategy
- Support the Procurement Centre of Excellence team in the development and deployment of procurement best practices.
- Develop and implement self-service analytics capability across Procurement
- Provide analytical input into meetings, presentations, workshops, and documentation
- Provide customer-centric training to relevant user groups in the use and optimisation of analytics tools
- Conduct complex data analysis across the procurement value chain for agreed categories and articulate how observed trends impact the business
- Interpret and present data to drive procurement activities, including analysis of supplier cost models, reverse engineering, and development of should-cost-models / total cost of ownership models based on available market data
- Provide analytical support for business cases, complex business models and financial analysis
- Establish sound relationships with key stakeholders to gather and interpret dashboard and reporting requirements
What we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in finance or commerce
- At least 5 years’ experience within an analytics role
- Advanced Power BI and MS Excel skills
- Sound influencing and communication skills
- Ability to build and develop strong stakeholder relationships
- Advanced ability to interpret complex data, and draw, visualise and present recommendations to stakeholder groups
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Benchmarking skills, market, and competitor analysis
- Interpretive skills, converting data to information to identify opportunities
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) modelling
- Should cost modelling
- Risk Analysis
About Virgin Australia
The company is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates, premium leisure travellers and holiday makers.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
The Group recently appointed several new faces to its Executive Leadership Team, all with a proven track record and deep experience in aviation or consumer focused businesses.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff who commence prior to 15 November 2021 will be required to comply with the Policy which will include being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before the deadline for your work group and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status